*****FINALS BEING HELD ON THE RUNWAY DURING OUR
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
*****FINALS BEING HELD ON THE RUNWAY DURING OUR
Monday, April 7, 2008
1. What is your name? Anastasia is my full name but I go by Anja (pronounced Ahn-yuh)
2. Any nicknames? My family and close friends call me Ani (pronounced on-ee)
3. Where did you grow up? Park City , Utah
4. When is your birthday? March 4th, 1993...go pisces!
5. What is your favorite color? blue!
6. Describe your family. Outgoing, Supportive, Funny, and at times...a little hectic!
7. Describe your friends. AMAZING! Hilarious people who I can relate to more than anyone.
8. Who makes you laugh more than anyone in the world? Hmmm...probably myself! (i'm a dork because sometimes I laugh at my own jokes :) )
9. Who is your hero and why? My heroes are all of my friends, I know they are always there for me and they've gotten me through some hard times.
10. How would your friends describe you? They would describe me as a funny and quickwitted goof ball
11. Other people's biggest misconception about me is? I bet a few people think im your "typical girlie blonde" but the truth is...I'm actually more on the tomboy side. I never have been a fan of the color pink, I would rather go to a hockey game than the mall, and I grew up wearing my big brothers hand-me-downs because I refused to wear a dress!
12. Your greatest fear in life would be? Dying at a young age or losing a loved one.
13. What do you love about your looks AND personality? I like the fact that I have the girl-next-door look going on with my blue eyes, freckles and all...and I wouldn't change my spunky attitude!
14. What do you wish you could change about your looks AND personality? Sometimes I wish my hands were smaller. Ya that sounds weird but sometimes they look a little weird on my skinny arms. As for my personality, maybe I'm a bit too stubborn!
15. What do you think is your most unusual talent? Hmmmm, my speed-walking talent is a little...different.
16. Favorite things to do? Making movies with friends, skiing with my dad, and going on trips!
17. What is your favorite thing to do that doesn't cost money? Have sleepovers with friends. (:
18. What new activity or interest would you like to make space for in your life? I would love to learn how to play the piano.
19. Are you usually early, on time or late??? Usually right on time.
20. If you had to eat the same food for three days what would it be? Pepperoni Pizza...I've done it before!
21. What is your favorite thing to wear? Jeans, a t-shirt, and a good 'ole pair of converse.
22. Who is your favorite designer? Juicy, Betsey Johnson, Ed Hardy, and Lucky Brand are all my style
23. What is your favorite magazine? US Weekly
24. What is your favorite movie or TV show? Pleasantville and Along Came Polly are my favorite movies and I like the TV show The Hills
25. What is your favorite music? Everything except country, disco, and opera.
26. What is your dream vacation and with whom? My dream vacation spot would be Thailand or Figi with my best friend.
27. Who would be your dream date (with whom, doing what and where)? With a nice guy (perhaps Nick Jonas...) at a theme park.
28. Describe your perfect mate. Sensitive, Funny, Easy-Going, and Smart.
29. What annoys you the most? Hmmm, I hate when somebody denies saying something I know they said. Its also annoying watching the windshield wipers and how they miss the corners.
30. When you were little, you wanted to be...? A veterinarian or a marine biologist.
31. What are your goals now? My goals are to live a happy life and accomplish many great things.
32. Which holiday do you like best???? Christmas!! or the 4th of July.
33. How were you discovered? While I was buying converse at the gateway!
34. How do you feel about the experience? I feel like its the most AMAZING thing that has ever happened to me and that I'm extremely lucky to be one girl out of millions that's living it!
35. What have you done? Where have you been? I have done some really fun photo shoots and have been casted as an extra in High School Musical 3. I have so far traveled to L.A and am off to New York in April.
36. Any advice for new models? I'm still pretty new at it myself, but my best advice would to just be yourself and don't let the pressure get to you.
37. Most embarrassing moment? I can't think of one right now, but trust me there are plenty!
38. What were the reactions of others when you were deciding to get into modeling? They were all just very proud and supportive.
39. Does anyone treat you different now that you made it? Well there are a few people that I never really talked to that are suddenly talking to me, and I don't even know how they found out. Its kind of annoying but oh well!
PARENTS PLEASE FILL IN
1. What were the reactions of others when you were deciding to get your son/daughter into modeling? Many warned of the difficult nature of the modeling industry. Not only difficult mentally, emotionally and physically but of the potential path that it might lead to such as involvement with drugs etc. Others expressed what a great opportunity it is.
2. Does anyone treat you different now that your son/daughter made it? Not at all.
3. What has been your overall perception? My perception has been that expectations are often to high for the girls that are involved. Additionally, many of the girls including Anja are impatient, they want things to happen over night. Further, it has been a great opportunity to meet new and interesting people. The overall experience to date has been great.
4. What would you like the world to know about your son/daughter outside of being a model? It is not important to me that “the world” know of my daughter. Having said that, it would be most important for them to know that Anja is first and foremost a wonderful person, one that cares for others and is not self centered. Additionally, Anja possesses other wonderful qualities above and beyond her looks and talents as a model.
5. Any silly moments they've had? To many to count. The one that stands out in my mind is, on one photo shoot, one of the pictures came back and due to the angle the lighting etc. it looked like Anja had a boil on her face the size of a golf ball. I had fun teasing her about that one.
6. Advice for other parents? I would advise parents to be patient and to communicate to their child/model. I would also suggest that they take the experience for what it is, just that, an experience that viewed properly can be a lot of fun. Keep expectation in check, and yet, do what is within your ability to help promote and advance a possible career in modeling. Additionally, I would advise to stress the importance of all other good aspects of life and continue to promote all the other gifts and talents that their child possesses. Keep your child grounded as to what is really important in life and that what really matters is who you are as an individual. I would advise and communicate the potential pitfalls as well as the rewards that a career in modeling can offer.